Orientation & Registration
Gateway Tech is an open-enrollment public charter school that accepts all students from Williamson County and surrounding areas as long as there is space available. However, based on our approved charter, students that reside within the boundaries of Georgetown, Round Rock, Leander and Pflugerville ISDs receive priority enrollment. Unlike regular public school districts that must accept all students residing within the school district boundary, Gateway can and does limit the number of student admissions.
Click here for specific school district boundaries.
During the month of January (open enrollment), enrollment forms can be completed online.
After completing the enrollment application, interested students and parents should contact Gateway Tech to schedule an orientation conference.
The orientation conference is required before a student registers at Gateway Tech. The purpose of this conference is to explain the program in depth as well as to allow parents and students an opportunity to ask questions specific to his/her situation.
- The student and his/her parent must attend this conference together.
- The student/parent must bring an updated transcript, discipline record from the current or most recent school year, and attendance record from the current or most recent school year.
- During this conference the coordinator will explain our system along with expectations and rules. Parents or students are encouraged to ask questions for a better understanding of the program.
- Student and parent are given a building/classroom tour when possible.
- The transcript is evaluated to determine a pathway towards graduation for the student.
- If a spot is available, a registration packet is given to parent/student at this time.
Click here for New Students (New enrollment) for 2022-2023
Completing a new student enrollment application does not guarantee enrollment. After completing the application, you need to reach out to the principal, Missy Dean, and request an enrollment interview.
To complete a registration, the student must withdraw from his/her current school (unless the registration occurs during the summer) prior to enrolling at Gateway Tech.
Documents required for registration include the following:
- Completed registration packet
- Birth certificate
- Social Security card
- Immunization record
- Withdrawal form from previous school
All of the required documents must be returned to the school prior to the first day of attendance.
Missy Dean, School Principal